Sushi Boto

June 26, 2019


A lot of you might have already heard of this famous sushi outlet in Melbourne that serves their sushis on floating boats (they floats on water), and since I've been there 4 times already so today I will be sharing my honest opinion about sushi boto. 










All the photos were taken during my first visit to Sushi Boto. As you can see, the ambience and interior are very pretty and unique, and almost every corner of the shop is very 'Instagrammable'. However, I'm a little disappointed that I only see the boat's working 1 (or maybe 2) out of 4 times of my visit there (My guess is that because there are not many customers coming in, so they decided not to make that much sushi or else they get old/ not as fresh as they are just made). Their sushi tastes decent too (to be honest), but the reason I'm still going back there for sushi is that they are the only sushi outlet that serves chawanmushi with fish/ salmon in it (for those who didn't know, I am allergic to seafood excluding fish, and chawanmushi are usually made with prawns or crabmeat etc.), and the friendly and attentive service provided. 

My top 3 faves from Sushi Boto are: (1) Grilled salmon with spicy mayo (which is not spicy tbh and that's why I like it), (2) Chawanmushi, and (3) Yuzu Sake! On a side note, you can request to have sushi made on the spot instead of taking it from the sushi train/ boat that may have been displayed for quite some time. 



Anyway, we got a free token for spending over $30! The tokens are for their capsule/ claw machine, and you'll get one token for every $30 spent (One token for $30 spent, two for $60......and so on). 

Location: St. Collins Lane (Level 2)
Nearest Tram Stop: Town Hall/ Collins St
Price: $3.8/ plate (otherwise stated on the menu)
Rate: 3.5 out of 5

That's all for this post and I will be posting more cafe review soon. Stay tuned and see you in the next post! xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Latest YouTube Video