The Glass Den

June 29, 2019


I think I just found my favourite cafe for brunch in Melbourne: The Glass Den! It has a nice ambience, their foods are very pretty and colourful, and they taste as good as it looks! Let's enjoy the photos, shall we?☺

This is how the cafe looked like from the outside, don't worry about the 'Prison' written on top of the entrance you are in the right location alright!

Ordered their famous 'Taro Latte", was a little disappointed as I was hoping to get white coloured latte art instead of purple (white looked better than purple in my opinion) and the taste was a little light for me :( Would be perfect if they added more powder or flavour in it☺ aaaaand a little pricey it costs you $6 (you can buy a boba milk tea at this price already!) 😢 but I believe that many of you will just order it for the gram anyway hehe so I guess it's not a big deal? :P

For meals, I ordered the "Beef Brisket Benny", it's like the normal eggs benny you know of but this one's garnished with beet hollandaise sauce (and that's why it's pink in colour)☺ I was actually more interested in their blue eggs benny ("Blue Cheese Benny" on their special menu) when I was scrolling through their IG a day before I went there, then on that day I realized the blue cheese benny is served with lamb shoulder and I just don't like to eat lamb :/ 

Most of my closest friends know that I'm a picky eater (very picky), I don't eat a lot of foods/ veggies until I went to high school or college I think? Back then I don't eat (but I do now) pork, beef, mushrooms, garlic, tomatoes and lots more...... I hope that's enough to prove you how much of a picky eater I am because I managed to finish everything off my plate with no leftovers on it!☺ In other words, their food is really delicious!

If you're having a hard time deciding whether to go for something sweet or savoury, then you can go for this "Savoury glazed donut" which has both in it! (My friend Lin Lin ordered this)

The one with the blue rice is called the "Nourish bowl(similar to those poke-bowls you had out there), and that is seared salmon covered in black and white sesame.

Location: The Glass Den, 15 Urquhart St, Coburg VIC 3058
Nearest Tram Stop: Bell St/ Sydney Rd
Price: $22.5 for Beef Brisket Benny// $23.5 for Savoury Glazed Donut// $22.5 for Nourish Bowl// $6 for Taro Latte
Rate: 4.5 out of 5

I rate them 4.5 instead of 5 stars because one of their staff is not as friendly as others (I won't mention whether it's a he or she) otherwise it's all good. That's all for this post and see you in the next post!
xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Latest YouTube Video