The Legendary Pink Lake

June 26, 2019


Earlier this year (April), my friends and I went to Macedon Ranges and Westgate Park (or formerly known as Pink Lake) for a road trip and mini photoshoot!☺ 

This is actually my second visit to Westgate Park and the lake is finally pink! 😭 Many said that you should visit the pink lake on a hot day to guarantee it's pink but my advice is that you better check the location's story on Instagram (just to be safe) on the day you planned to go and right before you go no matter how sunny the weather is! My first visit was on the day I went to Cape Schanck with the other group of friends (it was 39°C that day) and yet the lake is greenish/brown?!?! This time the weather is quite chilly (compare to my first visit) but the lake is surprisingly pink! 













(All photos of me were taken by @yijingggg_)






All the photos were taken with the Nikon D5100 and the 50mm Nikon prime lens. Also, a huge thank you to my friend Sasha (the one in the light pink sweater) for driving us there and back c: Additional information that may be useful for you:

Location: Westgate Park, VIC, Australia
Duration (estimation): 13 minutes drive from Melbourne CBD
Price: Free entrance
Rate: /5


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Latest YouTube Video