Tesselaar Tulip Festival: Worth it or nah?

June 21, 2019


Hola mis lectores (Hello my readers)! Thank you for stopping by again c: If you're one of my old readers, I would like to thank you for your patience; and if you're new here, you are absolutely welcome!!! :D

Today I'm going to continue writing a blog post that has been drafted since October last year (2018) hehe :P Before I discuss whether is it worth visiting the Tesselaar flower farm, let's enjoy some of the visuals I took during our visit there:
(Photo credits to @yijingggg_) 



Location: Tesselaar Flower Farm 357-359 Monbulk Road, Silvan VIC 3795
Price (Aud): $29/ adult; $25/ concession (for students or pensioners)
Rate: ☆/5


I personally think that it's overpriced and there's actually nothing much to do other than sightseeing. They even put up a line around the tulips with to "prevent" people from crossing over the flower bed. I understand that the organizers wish to protect their flowers from accidents (Accidentally stepping on the flowers, kids plucking the flowers and etc.), but allowing the promoters/ influencers to take pictures inside the flower bed for advertisement...... don't you think that's misleading??? It's like an advertisement displaying a product can do what it is not capable of, you get what I mean? Not everyone has Photoshop skills/ knows how to remove the "Do not cross over" line from photos. Imagine people travelling all the way here and get disappointed on the fact that all you can do is to take photos outside the flower beds with the ugly lines around it and that's it??? It might have been better if they exempt/ lower the entrance fee, considering the activities available at the event.

And the tractor you see in the 4th photo? You will need to pay if you want a tour ride around the flower farm (I cannot recall back how much they'll charge you per ride but it's definitely not included in the ticket fee).

Enough of the ranting, these are just my opinions hehe c: In the end, it's still up to you to decide whether this is worth it or not. For me, I'd rather visit the Dandenong range botanical garden (at least it's free) and it has more variety of flowers and sceneries to take photos with. I hope the information above helps you gain better insights regarding this festival and I'll end my post here. xx






















You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Latest YouTube Video